Jamberoo, NSW - St Stephen's Presbyterian (Former)
Year Built: 1875
Last Updated: 17/03/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was designed by John Colley and built in 1875 by John and James Marks, D. L. Dymock and W. Stewart. The church building was sold in 2009. Services were initially conducted in Dr. Menzies' barn by the Rev. John Tait, MA, the first minister of the Church of Scotland in Illawarra.
The Church was opened and dedicated in the presence of over 1,500 people on Australia Day, 26 January 1876.
The original church included a wooden bell tower on top of the existing stone tower; however, this was demolished in the 1940s. Following the opening of the new church the old one was repaired and incorporated in a Sunday School Hall. It was destroyed by fire in 1972.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|-||Rev Cunningham Atchison|
|- 1857||Rev George Mackie|
|-||Rev John Kinross|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.