Keilor, VIC - Christ Church Anglican
Year Built: 1877
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 12/02/2022
History and Architecture:
Christ Church Anglican Keilor, was designed by Ebenezer Bonfield and dedicated by Dr. Macartney, Dean of Melbourne, on January 28th, 1877, which replaced a corrugated iron building on the Calder Highway between Bonfield and Flora Streets.
The first vicar of the` church was the Rev. R.H. Rodda and the first collection was taken up in a butter dish belonging to the Bonfield family. Features area the entrance porch,, buttresses, slate roof, pointed arched windows and door openings, circular windows in gables and west gable' surmounted by a Celtic cross and wall plaques of district pioneers. Most of the stained glass dates from the.1950s. The church was restored, painlessly and extend in 1965.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1862 - 1866||Rev John Bettridge Stair||Locum||1814||1898|
|1868 -||Rev Henry Forde Scott||Lay Reader||1840||1912|
|1877 -||Rev Richard Henry Rodda||1835||1926|
|1879 - 1906||Rev Richard Henry Rodda||1835||1926|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Historical Plaque.
2. Cable Clergy Index.