Kettering, TAS - Church of the Holy Spirit Uniting

Year Built: 1969

Denomination: Uniting

Address: Channel Highway, Kettering, Tasmania, 7155

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Palawa people

Last Updated: 23/07/2022

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

In 1863 Dr Crowther and Mr M. Holmes made land available for a place of public worship and a cemetery. The resulting building served as a schoolroom as well as a chapel.  This Union Chapel, for protestants of any denomination, serviced the scattered rural environment.

The structure survived the 1897 bushfires, but in 1900 was replaced by a more substantial church of traditional country style. Regular Anglican and Methodist services were conducted with a Sunday School for children.

The current Kettering Church was built in 1969 thanks to funds from fire insurance and generous donations from individuals and appeals.

In recent years, local people of Anglican and Uniting background have repaired the bell tower, provided safer gutter guard, removed mildew, upgraded electrics and maintained a memorial garden and wall.


There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.


1. Historical Information taken from