Kingsford, NSW - St Spyridon Greek Orthodox

Year Built: 1973

Denomination: Greek Orthodox

Saint: Spyridon

Address: 78 Gardeners Road, Kingsford, New South Wales, 2032

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Gadigal and Bidjigal people

Last Updated: 12/01/2023

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

Daceyville was Crown land in the 1880's and was named Raggetty Flat.

In January of 1913, the Government Housing Board asked Archbishop Kelly if the Catholic Church was interested in participating in a ballot for sites to erect religious buildings in the then named Dacey Garden Suburb. The Archbishop accepted the invitation and the Church was awarded a site of just over 2 acres (0.825 ha bounded by Banks and Haig Avenues).

In May 1914, Father Kirby of Kensington, announced that the OLSH sisters from Kensington would commence teaching in a hall situated on the corner of Anzac Parade and Wallace Street. This so-called hall, incidentally, was little more than a shed and consisted of a small room and a larger room which was divided into two classrooms for the other pupils (Mass was celebrated in the larger room on Sundays).

By May 1914, Sisters Mercedes Lewis, Raymund Fingleton and Margaret Harrington commenced the school.


This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
2022 - Father Steven Scoutas


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.