Koo Wee Rup, VIC - St George's Anglican
Year Built: 1917
Address: 273 Rossiter Road, Koo Wee Rup, Victoria, 3981
Architect: Louis Williams
Traditional Owners: Bunurong people
Last Updated: 23/05/2023
History and Architecture:
The first Anglican service was held on October 7, 1897. The foundation stone of St George’s was laid by the Bishop of Gippsland, Arthur Wellesley, and it was dedicated on December 7 1917. St George’s Church was designed by Louis Williams of North and Williams.
The Foundation stone reads, "To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Arthur Wellesley Bishop of Gippsland 1st May 1917 Nesi Dominus Frustra".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1917 -||Rev Noel Danne|
|1992 - 1996||Rev C. G. Nelson|
|2010 -||Rev Brenda Burney|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Koo Wee Rup Bypass newsletter.