Lake Tyers, VIC - St Johns Anglican (20869)
Last Updated: 11/01/2022
History and Architecture:
Lake Tyers was an Aboriginal mission station established in 1861 when John Bulmer persuaded the Government to set aside 4,000 acres of land as a reserve for aboriginals.
St Johns was dedicated by Canon Chase in 1870.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1861 - 1913||Rev John Bulmer|
|1916 - 1945||Rev Arthur Rufus Raymond||1857||1932|
|1945 - 1946||Rev Benjamin Barrow Lousada||1887||1954|
|1946 - 1948||Rev F. W. Miller|
|1948 - 1954||Sister Winnifred Holten|
|1955 - 1962||Deaconess Nancy Drew|
|1950 - 1955||Canon Albert Ethelbert Clark||1892||1975|
|1956 - 1960||Rev M Green|
|1960 - 1966||Rev D Orange|
|1963 -||Rev L. J. Somers Smith|
|1964 - 1965||Captain Lance Keogh|
|1965 - 1971||Captain Arthur Malcolm|
|1971 - 1975||Captain Keith South|
|1975 - 1977||Rev David McLeod|
|1977 -||Rev Athol Cox|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Light and Life, A History of the Anglican Church in Gippsland
2. Photo courtesy of the State Library Victoria. No copyright restrictions.