Launceston, TAS - Pilgrim Uniting (8033)
Year Built: 1866
Previous Denomination: Wesleyan Methodist
Last Updated: 23/02/2021
History and Architecture:
Built in the Gothic style the church is made from polychrome brick with stucco dressings and was designed by the notable firm of Melbourne architects Crouch & Wilson and based upon St Peter's Church, Woolwich in the UK.
Opened 21 February 1868, after the congregation outgrew the original Wesleyan Chapel next door, which is now the church hall.
The church’s intricate stained glass windows come from an array of locations. The large rose window, now obscured by the organ, and the impressive window at the front of the church were made by Ferguson and Urie firm in Melbourne. The 12 windows adorning the sides of the building were made by another Melbourne firm, Brooks, Robinson and Co.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2020 -||Rev Allan Thompson||Supply Minister|
The church has had three pipe organs. Click here for a full description.
1. Examiner Newspaper