Laura, SA - Redeemer Lutheran
Year Built: 1880
Traditional Owners: Nukunu people
Last Updated: 24/01/2023
History and Architecture:
The Lutheran's of Laura first attended church at Appila. By the early 1880's several more Lutheran families had moved into Laura and this prompted Pastor Kaibel of Appila to conduct services there. By 1891 there were 19 communicant members at Laura and by 1903 the Laura families severed their ties with the Appila congregation. Services were held in the Primitive Methodist Church.
When the Wesleyan's and Primitive Methodists joined forces the Lutheran's purchased the Primitive Methodist building. However the building was in a bad state of repair so the congregation decided to pull it down and built a new church. The dedication of the church took place on 1 August 1909.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1888 - 1890||Pastor L. C. Kaibel||IS|
|1891 - 1922||Pastor J. L.A. Ortenberger||IS|
|1922 - 1925||Pastor M. Kuss||U|
|1925 - 1926||Pastor J. Schaber||U|
|1926 - 1939||Pastor C. A. Weckert||U|
|1940 - 1953||Pastor W. F. Roehrs||U||2000|
|1953 -||Pastor E. O. Riedel||U||2018|
|1953 - 1960||Pastor A. H. Schmidt||U|
|1961 - 1967||Pastor J. P.T. Sabel||U|
|1967 - 1970||Pastor W. K. Harms||LCA|
|1970 - 1974||Pastor Leonard O. Gerschwitz||LCA|
|1975 - 1992||Pastor C. E. Schmidt||LCA|
|1992 - 1994||Pastor M. C. Parker||LCA|
|1995 - 1997||Pastor T. Boehmert||LCA|
|1998 - 2003||Pastor M. A. Kleemann||LCA|
|2003 -||Pastor R. D. Witmiz||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Lutheran Archives SA.