Loch, VIC - St Vincent's Catholic
Year Built: 1903
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: Old South Gippsland Highway, Loch, Victoria, 3945
Traditional Owners: Bunurong people
Last Updated: 05/01/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was originally constructed by H Rourke in 1903 and altered by Kennedy + Porter in 1906. Aesthetically, it is a conventional Victorian Carpenter Gothic church with little elaboration.
The Church was first opened in August 1903 on this site, which had been donated by Mr and Mrs Suding. The church cost £256, was blessed in a ceremony conducted by Rev. Fathers Keating and Collins.
A more formal opening ceremony took place in May 1906, when the church was blessed and dedicated by the Archbishop of Melbourne, Most Rev. TJ Carr DD, after it had been enlarged and lined by contractors Messrs. Kennedy + Porter.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|2022 -||Father Peter Bickley||Locum|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. South Gippsland Heritage Study 2004.