Malvern, VIC - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1905
Architect: Robert Haddon
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 26/06/2023
History and Architecture:
The church's foundation stone was laid on 16 December 1095 by another congregation member, elder, benefactor and Mayor of the Borough of Caulfield Charles Duplan Lloyd. The old wooden structure was moved to the new site and used as a Sunday school, with the congregation using Malvern Town Hall for worship while their new structure was under construction. When finished, the new church seated 520 and was lavishly fitted out as a "total work of art" matching the architect's stylistic philosophy.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1905 -||Rev D. Macrae Stewart|
|1942 - 1961||Rev J. W. Beecher|
The Organ was built in 1906 by George Fincham & Sons (consultant Ernest Wood; case designed by Robert Haddon). Reb 1956 & enlarged in 1983 by George Fincham & Sons (addition of Great Twelfth, Trumpet and Pedal reed). 2m, 25spst, 9c, elpn. Gt: 22.214.171.124.4.4.2-2/3.2.8. Sw: 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.8.8. Ped: 184.108.40.206.8.16.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.