Malvern, VIC - St Paul's Anglican

Year Built: 1904

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: Paul

Address: Corner Glenferrie & Dandenong Roads, Malvern, Victoria, 3144

Architect: Louis R Williams

Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung & Bunurong people

Last Updated: 13/11/2022

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

In 1904 St Paul's first wooden church was built on the corner of Derby Parade and Salisbury St Caulfield and licensed as St Paul's Caulfield on the 20th of February. In 1909 the church was put on wheels and moved by horse cart to our present location. In 1910, after renovations it reopened as St Paul's, Malvern and Caulfield. The Vicarage was built in 1912. The parish hall, built in 1920 - 22.

The current Louis R. Williams brick Church was completed in two stages and dedicated on 28 March 1958. The Lady Chapel was completed in 1961. Archbishop Frank Woods consecrated the new church in 1967.


This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1986 - 1989 Rev J. Bayton
2015 - Rev Canon Dr Colleen O'Reilly
2015 - Rev Jacqui Smith Asst


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.


1. The Australian Anglican Directory 2000