Mitcham, SA - St Michael's Anglican (30368)
Year Built: 1852
Last Updated: 11/10/2021
History and Architecture:
A foundation stone was laid on 30 September 1848. McElligott's quarry at the southern end of Fullarton Road supplied the stone for St. Michaels.
Gothic Revival Church built 1852, by W.Weir, southern nave added by E.Wright in 1863, vestry in 1871. Stone was quarried in Brownhill Creek Reserve and unfortunately the original (and typical colonial) wall finish with square raked joints has been removed.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1864 -||Rev William Buckton Andrews||1829||1918|
|1864 - 1878||Rev H Read|
|1883 - 1884||Rev George Henry Parr||1819||1904|
|1884 - 1888||Rev A Sell|
|1888 - 1893||Rev F. W. Samwell|
|1907 - 1908||Rev G M Searcy|
|1947 - 1952||Rev R J. Roddick|
|1961 - 1962||Rev J C Howells|
|1980 - 1982||Rev F. G. Kernot||Asst|
|1984 - 1986||Rev Mark Arnell Thomas||Asst||1947|
|1987 - 1988||Rev Christopher R.E Beal||Asst||1959|
|2014 -||Rev Keith Brice|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cable Clergy Index.
2. Anglican Clergymen in South Australia in the Nineteenth Century, T.T. Reed.