Moorabbin, VIC - St James Lutheran

Year Built: 1955

Denomination: Lutheran

Saint: James

Address: 416 South Road, Moorabbin, Victoria,

Architect: Unknown

Traditional Owners: Bunurong people

Last Updated: 22/04/2023

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (3 photos)


History and Architecture:

The Church was dedicated on the 24th of September 1956 by Rev E Wiebusch vice President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church. The Church has been turned into a block of flats and retained the original church facia. A Foundation stone reads, " Eph, 2:19:22 To the Glory of God St James Lutheran Church 18-12-1955".

Clergy:

These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1950 - 1958 Pastor Everard Leske LCA
1959 - 1964 Pastor J. A. Pietsch LCA
1965 - 1966 Pastor C. A. Bartel LCA
1967 - 1973 Pastor N. M. Lienert LCA
1974 - 1979 Pastor F. H. Herbart LCA
1979 - 1986 Pastor W. B. Adams LCA
1988 - 2001 Pastor J. K. Wilksch LCA
2002 - Pastor A. Fox LCA

Organ:

The Organ was built in 1969 by George Fincham & Sons for Masonic Centre, East Melbourne. Installed in present location in 2016 by Australian Pipe Organs. It has 1m, 3rks ext, no pedals, elmag.

Source:

1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.