Mount Alford, QLD - St John's Lutheran
Traditional Owners: Ugarapuls, Yuggera people
Last Updated: 22/09/2022
History and Architecture:
Established in 1909. The first Lutheran services in Mount Alford were held in the School of Arts by Pastor Christian Wilhelm Seybold. On 23 October 1908, a meeting was held that decided to build a church. Mr Wissemann offered an acre of land.
By December 1908, local Lutherans had raised £120 towards a church building. The church was built by the Behrendorff family (Ambrosius Victor, Wilhelm Carl Johann, and Carl) using sawn timber for the Behrendorff sawmill. The finished church was 30 feet long and 24 feet wide and cost £155 (including the fence).
Appears to be a private house now.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1908 - 1916||Pastor W. C. Seybold||ELSQ|
|1916 - 1919||Pastor R. C. Monz||ELSQ|
|1919 - 1951||Pastor A. Hiller||ELSQ|
|1951 - 1960||Pastor A. H. Schubert||ELSQ|
|1961 - 1964||Pastor Gerald D. Dahlenburg||ELSQ||2006|
|1965 - 1968||Pastor D. F. Siegle||ELSQ / LCA|
|1968 - 1973||Pastor J. R. Perkins||LCA|
|1974 - 1977||Pastor R. E. Goldhardt||LCA|
|1978 - 1988||Pastor K D. Kotzur||LCA|
|1989 - 1990||Pastor N. L. Bergen||LCA|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Lutheran Church Historical Society