Mount Duneed, VIC - St Wilfred's Anglican (20832)
Year Built: 1861
Last Updated: 09/04/2021
History and Architecture:
The Church was built in 1861 by John Hackness and his son James. It was built of bluestone and rubble on 2 acres of land donated by Thomas Walker. It was Officially opened on 8 August 1863 thanks to the generosity of Mr John Stewart who paid for the roof.
On 14 January 1944 the original church was destroyed by bush fires but a meeting of 22 residents with the Archdeacon of Geelong (The Right Reverend Donald Baker), presiding at the home of Mrs Lampard unanimously decided to re build the church.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1863 - 1877||Messrs Pye|
|1863 - 1877||Messrs Gilmore|
|1863 - 1877||Messrs Brown|
|1877 - 1880||Mr George Nickells Bishop||Reader||1851||1939|
|1880 - 1881||Mr T Iddeson||Reader|
|1881 -||Mr D Aitken||Reader|
|1881 - 1882||Mr Peter Preswell||Reader|
|1882 - 1883||Mr J S Woods||Reader|
|1883 - 1890||Mr A. W. Shilton||Reader|
|1891 - 1896||Rev T J. Winsor|
|1899 - 1901||Mr W Wood||Reader|
|1901 - 1903||Mr F. B. Hoysted||Reader|
|1903 - 1904||Mr H M Hawkins||Reader|
|1904 - 1905||Rev T C Robinson|
|1906 - 1911||Rev David William Weir||1875||1943|
|1912 - 1916||Rev R H.B. Williams|
|1916 - 1917||Rev George William Ratten||1857||1929|
|1917 - 1919||Rev M A. Warren|
|1919 - 1922||Rev J V.C. Brown|
|1950 -||Rev James Waterman|
|1982 - 1985||Rev Timothy Maxwell Gibson||PiC||1947|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.