Mount Tamborine, QLD - St George's Anglican
Year Built: 1992
Address: 2 Dapsang Drive, Mount Tamborine, Queensland, 4272
Traditional Owners: Wangerriburra people
Last Updated: 22/04/2023
History and Architecture:
Services have been held on Tamborine Mountain since 1900 and the original St. George’s church was a community hall, relocated and rebuilt on the present site in 1938.
A Foundation stone reads, "This Church of St George Tamborine Mountain was erected through the benefaction of Miss Jean Evelyn Dunlop and consecrated to the Glory of God by the Most Reverend Peter Hollingworth A.O. OBE M.A. 11th Archbishop of Brisbane on Sunday 27th day of September 1992. St John Edwards Vicar Jennifer Reeves Brian Lyne Wardens".
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|-||Rev Leslie Duncan|
|1990 - 1995||Rev John Edwards|
|1995 - 2002||Rev Dr Murray Harvey|
|2002 - 2005||Rev Shan Vierow|
|2007 - 2012||Rev Allan Paulsen|
|2013 - 2019||Archdeacon Valerie Hoare|
Built by W.J. Simon Pierce of Brisbane in 1993. The initial stage was completed in 1993 as the builder's Opus 1, comprising just five stops. Additions in 1997-2000 W.J. by Simon Pierce of Brisbane. It has 1 manual, 11 speaking stops, mechanical action.
For a full description and photos click here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.
2. Church Website.