Murrurundi, NSW - St Paul's Anglican
Year Built: 1872
Architect: John Horbury Hunt
Last Updated: 24/01/2023
History and Architecture:
Designed in 1872 by John Horbury Hunt and commissioned by the White family, the foundation stone was laid on 24 April 1873 and the building opened on 24 June 1874.
A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God the Frederick R White Memorial Tower was erected as a memorial gift by the sons and daughters of the late Frederick Robert White some time of Harben Vale and who for many years was a churchwarden of this Church and representative in the Synod of the Diocese. On the 22nd January 1913 this stone was laid by his widow Sarah Amelia, in the presence of her children and the Lord Bishop of Newcastle".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1857 - 1873||Rev John James Nash||1821||1892|
|1891 - 1892||Rev Daniel Cross Bates||Curate||1868||1954|
|1892 - 1895||Rev Francis Dixon Grigson||1859||1928|
|1895 - 1901||Rev Henry Alexander Woodd||1865||1954|
|1900 -||Rev Charles Bice||1844||1922|
|1905 - 1907||Rev Edward La Barte||1858||1935|
|1911 - 1913||Rev Arnold Adalbert William Conolly||1875||1933|
|1928 - 1934||Rev Charles Walter Nicholas||1894||1963|
|1934 - 1936||Rev Horace Hobart||1886||1968|
|1936 - 1937||Rev William Hume||1893||1958|
|1941 -||Rev John Triller Corrigan||Locum||1908||1976|
|1943 - 1950||Rev William Griffith Cochrane||1903||1981|
|1950 - 1955||Rev Merton Carlyle Brown||1888||1976|
|1955 - 1958||Rev William Holmes||1889||1959|
Built by William Davidson in 1876. A full description can be seen here.
1. Cable Clerical Index.
2. Organ Historical Trust of Australia