Nagambie, VIC - St Malachy's Catholic
Year Built: 1874
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: Corner of Young & High Street, Nagambie, Victoria, 3608
Architect: T.A. Kelly
Traditional Owners: Taungurung people
Last Updated: 14/01/2023
History and Architecture:
A Foundation stone was laid on 1st December 1872 by Bishop Goold. The architect was T A Kelly, and the Church was opened on 15th March 1874. A plaque reads, Father Patrick Farrell who serves as the church's Priest from 1988 to 2003 is remembered by a plaque on the outside church wall.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1875 - 1888||Father Patrick Kearns|
|1892 - 1930||Father P. J. Kavanagh|
|1930 - 1947||Father J. Duggan||1956|
|1947 - 1949||Father Thomas Murphy||1950|
|1949 - 1972||Father George Shanahan||1972|
|1980 - 1988||Father Frank Marriott|
|1988 - 2003||Father Patrick Francis Farrell|
|2019 -||Father Anthony J. Hill|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. St Patrick's Centenary 1888 - 1988 A History of Moorilim. LTP 994.54 S22M
2. Deceased Clergy in Australia, 1788-2023