North Adelaide, SA - Immanuel Lutheran (30059)

Year Built: 1955

Denomination: Lutheran

Address: 139 Archer Street, North Adelaide, South Australia, 5006

Last Updated: 14/09/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

The church was founded in 1930 as a mission-outreach congregation and to serve the needs of the students and staff of the Immanuel Seminary and Immanuel College. After about 20 years of meeting in the old Methodist church building on Tynte Street, the congregation constructed a new building, designed by one of its young members, [Sir] Eric von Schramek, who went on to design a number of other churches around South Australia.

The Foundation stone was laid on 7 August 1955.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1930 - 1935 Rev Dr J. J. Stolz
1936 - 1939 Rev Edwin Wiencke 1939
1940 - Rev Alfred Freund Zinnbauer
1940 - 1943 Rev Dr J. J. Stolz
1943 - 1950 Rev Henrey Proeve 2014
1950 - 1952 Rev O. H. Adler
1953 - 1968 Rev Konrad Eric Hartmann 1923 2015
1968 - 1971 Rev Carl Julius Pfitzner 1906 2001
1972 - 1984 Rev Johannes Hermann Biar LCA 1919 2007
1984 - 1999 Rev John Pfitnzer
1991 - 1994 Rev David Schulz
1995 - 2002 Rev Paul Smith
2002 - 2012 Rev Ian Lutze
2012 - 2015 Rev Roger Whittall
2015 - Rev Dr Mark Worthing

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Source:

1. Church Website