Paynsville, VIC - St Peter's by the Lake Anglican
Year Built: 1960
Architect: Wystan Windows
Traditional Owners: Gunaikurnai people
Last Updated: 14/11/2023
History and Architecture:
The land upon which the Anglican Church of St Peter by the Lake, Paynesville is built was made available by a Crown Grant in 1892 for the Diocese of Melbourne.
In 1958 an architect Wystan Windows, a leader in ecclesiastical architecture in Victoria was engaded. The tender for construction of the building was let to a Gippsland firm, Lemchens & Skult. Construction work began in April 1960 and the Foundation Stone was laid by the Right Reverend David Garnsey, Bishop of Gippsland on 31 July of the same year.
A full history can be seen on the church website here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|Rev Heather Toms
|Rev Jeff Berger
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.