Portarlington, VIC - St John's Anglican (20458)
Year Built: 1883
Last Updated: 09/01/2021
History and Architecture:
A meeting of local residents in the Portarlington Mill in 1874 eventually resulted in plans being produced seven years later for a wooden church building when Mr James Austin gave the church half an acre. In September of 1883 the Foundation stone of the new Church of England (now Anglican) was laid by Rev H.B. Macartney D.D. Dean of Melbourne . The Architects were Terry & Oakden.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1887 - 1888||Rev Nathaniel Jones||Curate||1861||1911|
|1904 -||Mr Stanley Craig||Reader||1877||1943|
|1905 - 1906||Rev Denis Murrell Deasey||1877||1942|
|1910 - 1912||Rev Richard Sherwood||1880||1970|
|1914 - 1916||Rev Sydney Herbert Smith||1884||1980|
|1916 - 1934||Rev Frederick Ellerker Lewin||1862||1946|
|1932 - 1932||Rev Alfred Gamble||Locum||1867||1960|
|1934 - 1936||Rev Stanley Craig||1877||1943|
|1936 - 1939||Rev Mervyn Wellesley Britten||1904||1961|
|1942 - 1948||Rev William George Vizard||1880||1983|
|1948 - 1951||Rev Eric Royston Baldwin||1922|
|1954 - 1957||Rev Harold Duncan Scott||1905||1976|
|2010 -||Rev Robert Myers|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Anglicans in Geelong 1842 - 1990 293.945 ROBN