Preston, VIC - Saint Cyril and Methodius Greek Orthodox (20580)
Year Built: 1888
Denomination: Greek Orthodox
Address: Yann Street, Preston, Victoria, 3072
Traditional Owners: Wiradjuri people
Last Updated: 17/05/2022
History and Architecture:
This church was formerly a Methodist church. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 12 November 1888 by the Honourable C.H. James M.L.C. The Architect was A Dunn. The South Preston Methodists built their first church in High Street Preston which served them until 1879 when a new one was built. In 1889 this was replaced by a new church in Yann Street. Due to dwindling numbers the church was passed to the Greek Orthodox Church at a combined Methodist-Greek Orthodox service on the 5th of February 1967. It is now the Orthodox church of Saint Cyril and Methodius.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1932 - 1936||Rev Douglas C. Gibbs||M|
|1943 - 1946||Rev Alfred W. Guy||M|
1. Methodist Church of Australasia Ministerial Index