Ross, TAS - Uniting (Former)

Year Built: 1882

Denomination: Uniting

Address: 43 Church Street, Ross, Tasmania, 7209

Previous Denomination: Methodist

Architect: Unknown

Last Updated: 15/11/2023

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger (4 photos)

History and Architecture:

A foundation stones reads, "This memorial stone was laid by Elizabeth Pridden Horton Dec 15 1882".

The Church was opened in 1885. Thomas Parramore gave the land and the first stone was quarried from the Beaufront Quarries. Percy Oakden, (son of Phillip, an old Horton College Student) was the architect.

The foundation stones were laid by Mrs Parramore of Beaufront, Ross, and Mrs Elizabeth Horton (wife of Capt. Horton of Somercotes) on 13th December, 1882. The Church is in traditional Gothic Style, with an interior ceiling of Oregon pine and pews made from Tasmanian Blackwood.

A congregation has not met in the church for several years and in 2023 it was put up for sale.

Visit Churchesoftasmania for more history, click here.


There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.


No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.


1. Tasmanian Wool Centre.