Snug, TAS - St John's Anglican (7053)
Year Built: 1969
Address: Frost Street, Snug, Tasmania, 7054
Last Updated: 05/06/2021
History and Architecture:
In 1927 the Church was built and was dedicated in April 1927 having cost £400. In 1967 St. John's was burnt down in disasterous bush fires. In 1969 the new brick modern design was constructed in April. The church cost $28,000 and was designed by Harry Oldmeadow. It has a cross of burnt timber.
The Church is now closed.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. The Anglican Church in Tasmania, A Diocesan history to mark the Sesquicentenary 1992 by Geoffrey Stephens