Spotswood, VIC - St Mark's Anglican (21037)

Year Built: 2016

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: Mark

Address: 616 Melbourne Road , Spotswood, Victoria, 3015

Last Updated: 06/12/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

The current church was opened in 2016. To fund the redevelopment, the parish sold St Paul’s church at Kingsville to an Antiochene Orthodox parish. There are two foundation stones, one reads," To the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Most Reverend J.J. Booth C.M.G. M.C. D.D. May 12th 1957". The other stone reads, " Consecrated to the Glory of God by Archbishop and Primate Dr Philip Freier 18-10-2016".

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1919 - 1923 Rev Fred Brammell 1881 1930
1924 - 1926 Rev Ernest Hankinson 1875 1951
1926 - 1929 Rev Noel Johnston Danne 1890 1969
1940 - Rev George Edward Jaeger Curate 1911 1991
1949 - 1953 Rev Tom Howard Whitworth 1883 1953
1955 - 1958 Rev John Harvey Brown Locum 1906 1986
1958 - 1961 Rev Richard Mellon Southey 1907 1984
1961 - 1966 Rev Arthur Joseph Gray Locum 1907 1984
1967 - 1971 Rev Albert Lewis Donald Rivett 1904 1997
2016 - Rev Jonathan Lopez
2021 - Rev Dave Fuller

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Source:

1. Star Weekly Newspaper
2. Cable Clergy Index.