St Lucia, QLD - Uniting
Year Built: 1950
Address: Corner Swann Road & Hawken Drive, St Lucia, Queensland,
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Traditional Owners: Turrbal people
Last Updated: 23/04/2023
History and Architecture:
A Foundation stone reads, " St Lucia Presbyterian Church to the Glory of God this stone was laid by the Moderator General The Right Reverend Richard Bardon BA on the 26th day of April 1952. Give unto the Lord the Glory due unto His name worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. Psalm 29:2.
A plaque reads, "St Lucia Presbyterian Church To the Glory of God This hall was opened and dedicated by Rev A B L Bailey Moderator of the Presbytery of Brisbane on Sunday 10th December 1961 Robert H C Crowe Minister Ronald H Gough Session Clerk".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1961 -||Rev H. C. Crowe|
|2022 ? -||Rev Mandy Smith|
The Organ was built by Whitehouse Brothers of Brisbane in 1954 at a cost of £2,695. It has 2 manuals, 7 speaking stops, tubular-pneumatic action.
For a full description and photos click here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.