Surrey Hills, VIC - St Stephens Presbyterian (20166)
Last Updated: 06/01/2021
History and Architecture:
The first divine worship at Surrey Hills 6 February 1887 took place in a Recreation Hall in Windsor Crescent. These services continued until a wooden church was built in Boundary Road (now Warrigal Road) and opened for use in March 1889.*
The Church was re named St Stephens in 1947 at a naming of the Church ceremony.*
Tenders for a new church were called in September 1909 and that from a Mr Robertson was accepted at a cost of 5,000. The Foundation stone was laid by Reverend McDonald on 2 July 1910.*
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1889 - 1892||Rev F Darling|
|1892 - 1913||Rev A McDonald|
|1913 - 1917||Rev W. C Lahore|
|1917 - 1927||Rev Gillies|
|1928 - 1944||Rev J. K Robinson|
|1945 - 1950||Rev D F Mitchell|
|1951 - 1961||Rev W. F Gilmour|
|1962 - 9184||Rev W B. Howden|
|1974 - 1980||Rev D M Bradshaw|
|1982 -||Rev D Innes|
|2014 - 2014||Rev C. Siriweera|
|2014 -||Rev John Huynh||Asst to 2018|
|2020 -||Rev Oliver Blythe||Asst|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Presbyterian Church of Victoria, Centenary Booklet 1887 - 1987. St Stephen's Surrey Hills. LTP 285.29451S22S