Tamworth, NSW - St John's Anglican
Year Built: 1881
Traditional Owners: Kamilaroi & Gomeroi people
Last Updated: 16/04/2023
History and Architecture:
The Church was opened by Bishop James Turner, the Bishop of Grafton and Armidale, on Sunday 13 February 1881.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1880 - 1897||Rev William Jonas Killick Piddington||Archdeacon from 1894||1830||1897|
|1895 - 1895||Rev Lionel Charles Philip Nye||Lay Reader||1872||1922|
|1896 - 1897||Rev Alfred Ernest Jones Ross||Curate||1868||1935|
|1887 - 1890||Rev Ernest Grey Thatcher||1851||1934|
|1898 -||Rev Ernest Stewart North||Curate||1865||1947|
|1900 -||Rev Ernest Edward Skuse||Curate||1876||1956|
|1903 - 1904||Rev Herman Montague Rucker Rupp||Curate||1872||1956|
|1905 - 1906||Rev George Peppin Maitland Ware||Curate||1877||1947|
|1912 - 1912||Rev Lennard Sydney Quinlin||Curate||1887||1972|
|1915 - 1918||Rev Henry Edward Taylor||Curate||1882||1939|
|1934 - 1935||Rev Wallance Jack Pritchard||Curate||1900||1987|
|1936 - 1937||Rev John Leroy Noble||Curate||1906||1986|
|1941 - 1941||Rev Reginald Herbert O'Hara||Curate||1907||1995|
|1942 - 1943||Rev John Leroy Noble||Asst||1906||1986|
|1945 - 1945||Rev James Hoseason Sydney Smith||Deacon||1914||1995|
|1945 - 1951||Rev John Siddell||Curate||1911||1992|
|1949 - 1950||Rev Arthur John Wagstaff||Curate||1912||1972|
The Organ was built by J.W. Walker & Sons of London in 1881. It had 2 manuals, 9 speaking stops, 2 couplers, mechanical action. It was rebuilt in 1925 by Whitehouse Brothers of Brisbane and rebuilt again in 1958 by Whitehouse Brothers of Brisbane.
A full description can be seen here.
1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.