Tea Tree, TAS - St Thomas' Anglican (7007)

Year Built: 1881

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: Thomas

Address: Corner Tea Tree & Middle Tea Tree Roads, Tea Tree, Tasmania, 7017

Last Updated: 17/05/2021

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger

History and Architecture:

In January 1880 the Church of England Diocesan Synod announced preliminary steps to establish a small church at Tea Tree. Rapid progress was made and tenders were called for in August of the same year. In December the foundation stone was laid in a ceremony reported by the Hobart Mercury.

The church was officially opened on 2 May 1881 by the Ven. Archdeacon Davenport, assisted by the Revs. Canon Mason, C. J. Brammall, S. B. Fookes, and J. K. Willmer, incumbent.

In 2018 St Thomas’ was listed as one of 73 churches to be sold by the Anglican church to meet its commitment under the National Redress Scheme.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1881 - Rev J. K Willmer

Organ:

No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.

Source:

1. Trove
2. Churches of Tasmania.com