Teesdale, VIC - Presbyterian
Year Built: 1858
Traditional Owners: Wadawurrung people
Last Updated: 10/02/2020
History and Architecture:
The simple, astylar building was constructed in 1858 of bluestone. The Church was the first public building to be erected in the township of Teesdale and one of the first permanent places of worship for the district's Scottish Presbyterian squatters and free settlers.
In the 1950's a weatherboard extension at the rear was erected, housing a new pulpit donated by David Keith Pitcairn Miller and World War Two memorial furniture.
A simple surviving bluestone church, at first astylar but later improved in the Gothic Revival style.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1858 -||Rev Simpson|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Heritage Victoria