Temora, NSW - St Paul's Anglican
Year Built: 1906
Architect: Henry Laker
Last Updated: 13/06/2023
History and Architecture:
A Brick church consisitng of nave, chancel, vestry and tower-porch. Built in 1906 from the designs by Henry Laker, Shire Engineer at a cost of £2,000. It was licenced on 8/2/1907 and dedicated two days later.
The pulpit is a memorial to Sergt Randal Watterson (Fleurbaix 18/7/1916). There is a window to the memorial of Sergt Thomas DanielCecil Tutill (France 4/10/1947).
The Foundation stone was laid on 12 July 1906 by Admiral Sir Harry Rawson K.C.B. Governor of New South Wales. The original plan included a spire but, was deferred due to costs. The adjacent hall was built in 1934, and is on the site of the original wooden church.
These names are now in the Database and can be searched individually.
|1880 -||Mr John Miller||Lay Reader|
|1880 - 1882||Rev Maurice Gray|
|1884 - 1885||Rev O. C. Drummond|
|1885 - 1889||Rev James Pritchard|
|1889 - 1890||Rev J. B. Gribble|
|1890 - 1893||Rev Gaulter Soares||1833||1918|
|1893 - 1896||Rev A. Duncan|
|1896 - 1898||Rev D. C. Bates||1868||1954|
|1899 - 1899||Rev Willaim Furnival Harris Walker||1916|
|1899 - 1900||Rev W. Cowan|
|1900 - 1904||Rev W. H. Cooper|
|1905 - 1907||Rev F. B. Clive||1919|
|1907 - 1907||Rev Frederick Greenfield Ward||Curate||1876||1963|
|1907 - 1910||Rev Edward George Higgin||1861||1934|
|1910 - 1917||Rev Benjamin Dore Bryant||1868||1930|
|1917 - 1919||Rev A. Phillips|
|1919 - 1921||Rev Gordon Hamilton Hirst||1885||1939|
|1921 - 1928||Rev Norman William James Tivey||1883||1930|
|1928 - 1929||Rev Benjamin Dore Bryant||1868||1930|
|1931 - 1942||Rev G. F. Pyke||1976|
|1946 - 1951||Rev Cyril Ashley Wilson||1890||1968|
|1951 - 1964||Rev Alan Walker Sutton||1903||1970|
|1982 - 1992||Rev Robert Lindbeck|
No other information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Katherine Lindbeck 2021.
1. History of the Diocese of Goulburn. Ransome T. Wyatt
2. Cable Clerical Index
3. The Ryerson Index