Toowong, QLD - St Thomas' Anglican (50131)
Last Updated: 12/01/2022
History and Architecture:
The Foundation stone was laid on 17 February 1877 by Mathew Blagden Hale Bishop of Brisbane. The rebuilding of the Bell Tower and repalcement of the cross in 1986 was funded by the Parish with assistance from the Federal Government as a Bicentenial Project.
A Diamond Jubilee Service was held on 28 Setptember 1930. The offerings were for the debt and for the completion of the church building. The final Jubilee service was held on Sunday 4 October 1930.
The re building of the bell tower and replacement of the cross in 1986 was funded by the parish with assistence from the Federal Government as a Bicentennial Project.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1855 - 1870||Rev Thomas Jones|
|1870 - 1874||Rev Robert Creyke|
|1876 - 1877||Rev Benjamin Glennie|
|1877 - 1878||Rev Robert Close|
|1878 - 1881||Rev Robert Creyke|
|1881 - 1888||Rev Charles William|
|1888 - 1890||Rev Edward Lister Salsbury|
|1890 - 1896||Rev Vinoy Robson Handyside|
|1896 - 1902||Rev George Horsfall Frodsham|
|1902 - 1907||Rev John Brodie Armstrong||1858||1937|
|1908 - 1913||Rev Percy Pleydell Nott|
|1913 - 1919||Rev Walter Scott|
|1919 - 1925||Canon Norman Osborn|
|1925 - 1929||Canon John Alfred Cue|
|1929 - 1935||Rev Herbert Douglas Campbell|
|1935 - 1947||Rev Samuel Atherton|
|1947 - 1965||Rev Canon Albert Loxton|
|1966 - 1975||Archdeacon Walter Bryan Ward|
|1975 - 1982||Rev W.J. Munro Warner|
|1982 - 1989||Rev Neville Thurborn|
|1989 - 2001||Rev Colin Cussen|
|2001 - 2008||Rev Canon Dr Marian Free|
|2008 - 2009||Rev Paul Dunn|
|2009 -||Rev Thomas Edward Sullivan|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Photos and list of clegy donated by John Huth