Tumut, NSW - All Saints Anglican

Year Built: 1876

Denomination: Anglican

Saint: All Saints

Address: 8 River Street, Tumut, New South Wales, 2720

Architect: Edmund Blacket

Traditional Owners: Wiradjuri, Wolgalu & Ngunnawal

Last Updated: 12/08/2023

See Street View

Send your photos

Click on the image to view larger


History and Architecture:

The foundation stone of the present All Saints' Church was laid in December 1875 and the building opened in 1878, the tower and spire being completed in 1882, the latter donated by Mr C.D. Bardwell. The building is an outstanding example of the work of Edmund Blacket in the Norman style constructed in red brick with cement dressings.

Clergy:

This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.

Years Name Annotation D.o.B D.o.D
1851 - 1851 Rev John Davies Mereweather 1816 1896
1898 - 1906 Rev Thomas Edward Owens Mell 1840 1934
1923 - 1931 Rev Kenneth Leslie McKeown 1890 1948

Organ:

Sited in an open position in the north transept the Organ was built in 1926 by T.C. Edwards. It was re built in 1963 by S.T. Noad & Son at a cost of £1,250. It has 2m., 13 sp.st., 6c., el.pn.
A full description and photos can be seen here.

Source:

1. Organ Historical Trust of Australia with permission.