Walcha, NSW - St Andrew's Anglican
Year Built: 1963
Traditional Owners: Anaiwan, Dunghutti people
Last Updated: 30/05/2022
History and Architecture:
The original Church was built with stone quarried from the demolished homestead at the Walcha station, Villa Wolka, and was completed in 1866. Originally known as St Paul's Church, it was renamed St Andrew's in the 1870s. A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by John Stoward Moyes CMG MA Th.D D.D. D.LITT Lord Bishop of Armidale on Sexagesima Sunday 17th February 1963. Selwyn S. Hadlow Th.L Vicar".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1894 - 1896||Rev John Tinson Wrenford||1856||1932|
|1896 -||Rev George David Frewin||Lay Reader||1866||1930|
|1904 - 1907||Rev Roger Williamson Wilson||1850||1938|
|1907 - 1918||Rev George Henry Davies||Locum||1867||1922|
|1922 - 1952||Rev John Norton Sydney Cawte||1875||1964|
|1959 - 1959||Rev William Montague Lascelles Cooke||1912||1985|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Cable Clerical Index.