Warrandyte, VIC, Presbyterian (former)
Traditional Owners: Wurundjeri people
Last Updated: 16/03/2023
History and Architecture:
Alexander Speers purchased land here in 1876. His wife, Bathia Speers, inherited in the property in 1889 and donated the land for religious purposes. She is commemorated in a window in the chapel.
The Gospel chapel was built about 1950 on the site of the Presbyterian Church, which burnt down in the 1939 bushfires. Its simple form and the materials used highlight the shortage of resources following World War 2. Decorative features include Gothic style windows and belfry.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.