West Mackay, QLD - St Charles Anglican
Year Built: 1984
Traditional Owners: Yuwibara people
Last Updated: 04/07/2022
History and Architecture:
A plaque reads, " This War memorial Church Saint Charles, King, Martyr was dedicated by the Bishop of North Queensland The Right Reverend John Lewis SSM, BD, ThL on 14th Oct 1984". Another plaque reads " A.M.D.G. This stone was laid by HRH Princess Alice GGVO CBE Countess of Athlone in memory of those who fell in the Second World War , Blessed by Ian Sixth Bishop of North Queensland".
A further plaque reads, " This plaque commemorates the completion of the Church of Saint Charles King & Martyr and the Official opening of the building for worship by the Mayor of Mackay Sir Albert Abbott CBE on 14th July 1984".
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1963 -||Rev Alfred Thomas Haines||1891||1975|
|1984 -||Rev John Payne|
|2022 -||Rev John McKim|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.