Williamstown, SA - St Peter's Anglican (30169)
Year Built: 1861
Last Updated: 11/12/2021
History and Architecture:
A small random stone hall church with slate roof and stone bell gablet, built in 1860-61. The church was built on land which was a gift of George Warren who subdivided the town of Williamstown in 1858, and the Warrens maintained their support for St Peter's as did other local families including the Gilbert, Ross, Browne, and Manser families and other early settlers in the district.
The entry porch of the church was rebuilt in 1929 and the vestry added, in memory of Mr. and Mrs John Warren. There is an adjacent hall, constructed in 1891, which served as a school room and was extended in 1930.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1865 -||Rev Whitmore Carr||1823||1903|
|1880 -||Mr Alfred Sells||Lay Reader||1857||1887|
|1884 -||Mr John Warren||Lay Reader||1867||1941|
|1884 - 1891||Rev William Adderly Campbell||1833||1925|
|1891 - 1891||Rev Hubert Allan Brooksbank||1861||1942|
|1900 - 1905||Rev Thomas Ghent||1862||1951|
|1922 - 1924||Rev James Henry Waters||1881||1945|
|1927 - 1938||Rev Cedric Willian Lyon Noon||1897||1960|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.