Yass, NSW - St Andrews Uniting
Year Built: 1906
Previous Denomination: Presbyterian
Last Updated: 16/05/2021
History and Architecture:
The foundation stone of the current St. Andrews Church was laid on the 17th January 1906 by Alexander McBean of Springmount, a grandson of the first Alexander McBean, the founder of the family in the district.
The architects were Messrs. Nixon and Adam. The church was built by Mr. Hastings from Tumut and is of Gothic design, built of brick, with a tiled roof. Access was by stone steps at the end of the building, leading to the porch. The body of the church is entered through two spring doors, on either side of
the tablets, which were convenient to the two aisles which were along the walls of the church.
For a complete history on this church click here.
This list may not contain every serving cleric, past or present, for this church.
Further submissions welcomed.
|1850 - 1854||Rev William Richie||P|
|1862 - 1865||Rev William Baker||P|
|1867 - 1873||Rev John Gibson||P||1816||1882|
|1874 - 1878||Rev William Gardener||P||1913|
|1880 - 1884||Rev Roger Jackson||P||1915|
|1885 - 1890||Rev Samuel Thornton Dickson||P|
|1891 - 1902||Rev Daniel Jackson||P|
|1902 - 1905||Rev James Barr||P||1868|
|1906 - 1920||Rev Alexander Doig||P|
|1920 - 1929||Rev Frederick William Gresham||P||1877||1955|
|1929 - 1934||Rev William George Sharpe||P|
|1935 - 1937||Rev Raymond Charles Russell||P|
|1937 - 1941||Rev Robert Samuel Woodger||P|
|1942 - 1945||Rev Thomas Peden McEvoy||P||1895||1980|
|1944 - 1945||Rev L. M. Failey||Locum|
|1946 - 1952||Rev Hugh Austin Prenter||P|
|1952 - 1957||Rev Colin Colquhoun Mullin||P|
|1957 - 1965||Rev Andrew Cowie Maclean||P|
|1966 - 1970||Rev George Bathurst Miller||P||1970|
|1972 - 1977||Rev Leslie Arthur Martin||P||1923|
|1978 - 1983||Rev Alan Lowe||U|
|1983 - 1988||Rev Ken Rogers||U|
|1988 -||Rev Ramsay McDonald||U|
|1989 - 1997||Rev David Sloane||U|
|1998 - 2002||Rev Bronwyn Murphy||U|
|2003 -||Rev Nau Ahosivi||U|
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
1. Camden Theological Library.