Yinnar, VIC - Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic
Year Built: 1903
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Last Updated: 26/03/2022
History and Architecture:
The land the Church was built on was owned by Henry Wicks who sold it to Mr John Quigley for £10. The land was then donated to the parish of Morwell for the purpose of building a Church. The church was constructed for the princely sum of £430. The Church was blessed and opened on Sunday 26th April 1903. The staned glass window above the altar was donated by the parent of Terance McDonald of Middle Creek who was killed in action while serving with the Victorian Mounted rifles in the South African campaign. The Church had its centenary in 2003.
There are currently no clergy recorded for this church. Submissions are welcomed.
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.