Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Organ Manufacturer: S.T. Noad & Son
Glen Innes, NSW - Holy Trinity Anglican
Year Built: 1914
Address: 76 Meade Street, , Glen Innes New South Wales, 2370
The Parish of Glen Innes, one of the oldest in the Diocese, was set up as a centre of administration of the Church of England when Bishop Tyrrell appointed the Rev. G. C. Bode to be the first Vicar of the Parish in 1858. The first section of the present Church was built in 1868. It consisted of the present Nave built of granite and…
Inverell, NSW - St Augustin'e Anglican
Address: 33 Rivers Street, , Inverell New South Wales, 2360
The Church was designed by J. Horbury Hunt. It is a Gothic design with terracotta ridge-capping and a slate roof.
Junee, NSW - St Joseph's Catholic
Year Built: 1929
Address: Kitchener Street, , Junee New South Wales, 2663
The Foundation stone was laid on 10 March 1929 by the Right Reverend J.W. Dwyer Bishop of Wagga Wagga.
Parkes, NSW - Uniting
Address: 17 Court Street, , Parkes New South Wales, 2870
A Foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Rev W.G. Taylor President of Conference Feb 3rd 1897. Rev W. Pearson Minister". A further foundation stone reads, " This stone was laid by Owen J. Howard Esq J.P. The Building was opened by Mrs H. Bowditch Nov 27th 1912". A final stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was set by…
South Melbourne, VIC - St Peter and Paul Catholic
Year Built: 1869
Address: Corner Dorcas & Montegue Streets, , South Melbourne Victoria, 3205
The area where this church stands was once known as Emerald Hill before becoming South Melbourne. Father John O'Connell was appointed to the charge of Emerald Hill and Sandridge in 1854 and this meant that Emerald Hill was the first strictly suburban Parish in the Diocese. Built of bluestone and of Gothic style the Architect was TA…