Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Saint: Martin


Kensington, WA - St Martin in the Field's Anglican

Kensington, WA - St Martin in the Field's Anglican

Address: 54 Dyson Street, , Kensington Western Australia, 6151

One of the prime movers behind the establishment of an Anglican Church in Kensington was Margaret Durbridge. After her death in 1925 her estate was bequeathed to provide finances for church activities in the Kensington area. Her estate (in Arlington Avenue, South Perth) was subdivided into eight residential lots. This helped to pay for…

Read More

Mullumbimby, NSW - St Martin's Anglican

Mullumbimby, NSW - St Martin's Anglican

Address: 38 Stuart Street, , Mullumbimby New South Wales, 2482

A plaque on the gate post reads, " To the Glory of God A Grateful tribute to all who served n World War II 1939 - 45".

Read More

Muskerry, VIC - St Martin of Tours Catholic

Muskerry, VIC - St Martin of Tours Catholic

Year Built: 1876

Address: River Road, , Muskerry Victoria, 3557

The Foundation stone of the church was laid by Rev Dr Crane Bishop of Sanddhurst on 19 September 1875. Mr Joseph Brady was the architect and the total cost of the construction was 401. The church was debt free by 27 October 1879. There is a foundation stone celebrating the centenasry of the church which was laid by the Bishop of…

Read More

Rosanna, VIC - St Martin of Tours Catholic

Rosanna, VIC - St Martin of Tours Catholic

Year Built: 1973

Address: 292 Lower Plenty Road, , Rosanna Victoria, 3084

The idea of a Church in Rosanna was formed on the Macleod railway station in 1954 and the first meeting of the Macleod Catholic building group was held in the pavilion of the Macleod Rosanna football ground. Early services were held in the Rosanna Macleod RSL hall. Search for a parish site began in early 1956. Four blocks of land in…

Read More

Sanford, TAS - St Martin's Uniting

Sanford, TAS - St Martin's Uniting

Year Built: 1924

Address: 18 School Road, , Sanford Tasmania, 7020

A dedication service was held on 28th of September 1924 with over 200 persons including the Bishop of Tasmania the Rt Reverend E Hay attending. The building was 48ft in length, and 23ft in width exclusive of the vestry and porch. The ceiling and furniture was of polished Tasmanian with two stained glassed windows. The church is now in…

Read More