Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Annerley, QLD - St George Ethiopian Orthodox
Address: 15 Eric Crescent, , Annerley Queensland, 4103
Ben Lomond, NSW - Protestant Unknown
Address: Marowan Street, , Ben Lomond New South Wales, 2365
Biloela, QLD - Church of the Nazarene
Year Built: 1966
Address: 124 Rainbow Street, , Biloela Queensland, 4715
A wall plaque reads, " For the testimony of Jesus Christ this Church was opened December 3rd 1966 by Rev A.A.E. Berg Superintendent".
Blackstone, QLD - Welsh
Year Built: 1886
Address: 6 Thomas Street, , Blackstone Queensland, 4304
The Church was designed by Samuel Shenton and built in 1886 by Worley & Whitehead. The church was known as the Welsh Union Church in the early years but was being called the United Welsh Church by the early 20th century. The church building opened officially on 16 October 1886. A plaque reads, " This stone is erected to commemorate…
Canowindra, NSW - Protestant Unknown
Year Built: 1901
Address: 21 Rodd Street, , Canowindra New South Wales, 2804
Clifton Hill, VIC - St Luke's Hungarian Reformed Church
Year Built: 1870
Formerly a Church of England church built in 1879. It was sold to the Hungarian Reformed church in 1979. The original foundation stone was laid on 21 December 1870.
Deddington, TAS - Nile Protestant
Year Built: 1840
Address: 958 Deddington Road, , Deddington Tasmania, 7212
This Chapel was built one hundred and twenty five years ago and is closely associated with John Glover, the most prominent and important artist ever to settle in Van Diemen's Land. He lived at nearby Patterdale and worshipped in this small chapel. He, with his wife Sarah, are buried by the western wall. The Chapel was opened for worship…
East Melbourne, Protestant
Year Built: 1872
Address: 4 Morrison Place, , East Melbourne Victoria, 3002
A Church built for the Trustees of the Swedenborgian Church. Built in 1872, to the design of Lloyd Tayler the gothic-style bluestone residence was once home to the New Temple Church. The main facade embraces a Decorated Gothic window of three lights flanked by buttresses, with a projecting porch. Was a store room for the Eye and Ear…
East Tamworth, NSW - Unknown
Year Built: 1893
Address: Cnr Bourke & Cathage Streets, , East Tamworth New South Wales, 2340
A Foundation stone reads, "This stone was laid by Benjamin Coxhead Esq 15th June 1893".
Geeveston, TAS- Community
Address: 4886 Huon Highway, , Geeveston Tasmania, 7116
No information currently available. Submissions welcomed.
Gracemere, QLD - Unknown
Address: 2 James Street, , Gracemere Queensland, 4702
The Church is now the local Scout hall.
Mandurama, NSW - Protestant (Former)
Address: 19 Loquat Street, , Mandurama New South Wales, 2792
Melbourne, VIC - Welsh Church
Year Built: 1871
Address: 320 La Trobe Street, , Melbourne Victoria, 3000
Built in the Gothic Revival style the church was designed in 1871 by Charles Webb. The contractor was Mr Ireland. The first Welsh Service in Melbourne was held at the Baptist Chapel Collins Street East in December of 1852. The Preacher was Mr Zorenbabel of Carmarthen Wales. From then on Welsh miners regularly gathered for worship here…
Mount Tamborine, QLD - Protestant (Former)
Address: 216 Long Road, , Mount Tamborine Queensland, 4272
The Church is now a Wedding venue and is called "The Old Church".
Quirindi, NSW - Unknown
Address: Cnr Henry & Church Avenue, , Quirindi New South Wales, 2343
Smithton, TAS - Protestant
Year Built: 1940
Address: 36 King Street, , Smithton Tasmania, 7330
The Church was built in 1940 and constructed of concrete block on approx 800m square. The property was sold in 2017.
South Kolan, QLD - Protestant
Address: 2 Jensen Street, , South Kolan Queensland, 4670
The Church was sold in 2015 and is in private hands.
St Mary's, TAS - Uniting (Former)
Year Built: 1854
Address: 13 Story Street, , St Marys Tasmania, 7215
The Church has been in private hands since 2010.
Ulmarra, NSW - Unknown
Address: Big River Way corner River Street, , Ulmarra New South Wales, 2462
Wangaratta, VIC - Community
Year Built: 1904
Address: 6 Docker Street, , Wangaratta Victoria, 3677
Unknown former denomination. A Foundation stone reads, "Lo I am with you always even unto the end.' This stone was laid to the Glory of God by Wm Pitt Chalmers Nov. 16, 1904 Pastor E L Watson Architect Geo Adams".