Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
Balaclava North, VIC - St Margaret's Presbyterian
Year Built: 1953
Address: Corner Hotham & Denman Streets, , Balaclava North Victoria, 3183
In 1912, in order to ascertain to what extent the people of the district were desirous of having a Church in their midst, a house to house canvass was made by Rev. C. Stuart Ross, with the result that he was able to make a most encouraging and satisfactory report.* At this stage, Mr. John Maclellan, a member of the Board of Management…
Cobram, VIC - St Margaret's Anglican
Year Built: 1906
Address: Pine Street, , Cobram Victoria, 3644
A Foundation stone reads, " Memorial stone laid by the Bishop of Wangaratta August 24th 1906 Architect and Builder H.H. Farrall". There are another two stones mounted on the front brick pillars. One reads "Erected by the citizens of Cobram 1953". The other reads, " To the Glory of God in Memory of L.G. Hamilton".
Croydon Park, SA - St Margaret Mary's Catholic
Year Built: 1959
Address: 286 Torrens Road, , Croydon Park South Australia, 5008
The Foundation stone was laid on 16 May 1959 by Mrs J.H. Stunell.
Eltham, VIC - St Margaret's Anglican
Year Built: 1861
Address: Pitt Street, , Eltham Victoria, 3095
The land on which St Margaret's Church and Vicarage stands was donated by Henry Dendy, a well known Melbourne pioneer and wealthy land owner. Dendy later moved to England returning and residing in Eltham again. He chaired a meeting held in 1860 for the purpose of devising a means of establishing a Church of England in the township. The…
McLaren Vale, SA - St Margaret's Anglican
Year Built: 1905
Address: Main Road, , McLaren Vale South Australia, 5171
The land was donated by Thomas Hardy in 1905 formerly vineyards owned by William Hobcroft. The Foundation stone was laid on 19 June 1911by Thomas Hardy and the Church was dedicated on 21 November 1911. The Nave built of clay and limestone was added in 1968 to the memory of A.C. and E.H. Johnston.
Mooroolbark, VIC - St Margarets Uniting
Address: 219 Hull Road, , Mooroolbark Victoria, 3138
The Church was originally a Presbyterian church and was opened on September 4 1954. Mr Keith Reid was the Architect. The land was donated by Miss Jane McIlrath.
Nebo, QLD - St Margaret's Anglican
Address: Corner Oxford & Kemmis Streets, , Nebo Queensland, 4742
Nerang, QLD - St Margaret's Anglican
Year Built: 1996
Address: 167 Beaudestert Nerang Road, , Nerang Queensland, 4211
The original Church building was moved to the Evandale grounds of Gold Coast City Council and used as a wedding chapel. The current Church was erected at its current site in 1996. A plaque reads, " This Building was dedicated to the Glory of God on 31st August 1996".
Sandgate, QLD - St Margaret's Anglican
Address: 58 Rainbow Street, , Sandgate Queensland, 4017
Early maps around 1875 show that land was But, in the name of the 'Church of England' Bounded to the north by Signal Row and on either side by Yundah Street and Friday St. A large portion of the land to the west of Friday St. was shown as low lying and swampy. It is recorded that the first Anglican Service in Sandgate was in a slab…
Woodville, SA - St Margaret of Scotland Anglican
Address: 739 Port Road, , Woodville South Australia, 5011