State: New South Wales, Denomination: Lutheran
Year Built: 1888
Address: Howlong Burrumbuttock Road, , Burrumbuttock New South Wales, 2642
In April 1884, the congregation purchased land from a recreational reserve in Burrumbuttock for the purpose of building a church and manse. The building of the church was designed, built and finished in 1888, and a dedication service was held by the then residing Pastor Harms on 9 December.
Address: 23 Albert Street, , Corowa New South Wales, 2646
Transported to the site at 23 Albert Street Corowa in 1968 from Wodonga, the Church is made of corrugated iron (small profile) construction, with a iron roof and the internal wall are plasterboard. With wooden floors and louvre windows. The Church is closed and has been put up for sale.
Year Built: 1978
Address: 80 MacLeay Street, , Dubbo New South Wales, 2830
Services were held variously in the Methodist Church Hall, Church Street, Dubbo; the Methodist church in South Dubbo; St Michael's Anglican Church, South Dubbo; and St Luke's Anglican Church, North Dubbo; before building the present church in 1978. The laying of the Foundation Stone was on 17th September 1978 by Pastor Peter Hartwich,…
Year Built: 1954
Address: Rankin Street, , Forbes New South Wales, 2871
The first services in the Forbes area were held at Bareenong. In 1931 it was canvassed to move services to Forbes. The first services were held in the CWA Hall. The foundation stone was laid on 5 August 1934 vy Pastor W Lehmann.
Year Built: 1888
Address: Henty Road, , Pleasant Hills New South Wales,
The Church was completed in 1888 at a cost of £240. Even though the last of the work on the Church was just completed in time so that the installation of Pastor Fischer and the opening of the church building could be combined. This took place on the Sunday after Trinity, July 8, 1888. Present were Pastor H. Herlitz, Pr of the…
Year Built: 1881
Address: 90 Goulburn Street, , Sydney New South Wales, 2024
The foundation-stone of the first German Evangelical Lutheran church to be erected in Sydney, was laid in North Goulburn Street on Saturday last by Mrs. R Krauel, wife of the German Consul-General. Built in 1881. The design on the building was in accordance with designs prepared by Mr. T. Dixon Chater. It cost about £2,000 and was…
Year Built: 1972
Address: Athol Street, , Wagga Wagga New South Wales, 2650
In 1969 the Bethlehem congregation was formed in Wagga on May 4, following the dissolving of the Our Redeemer (ELCA) and St Paul’s (UELCA) congregations. By 1973 the Bethlehem Lutheran Church was dedicated on Palm Sunday. The Foundation stone was laid on 8 October 1972 by Pastor R.K. Schmidt.
Year Built: 1872
Address: 17 Commercial Street, , Walla Walla New South Wales, 2659
The original Lutheran church was built from white granite in 1872. The present Zion Lutheran Church was built in 1924 and it is the largest Lutheran Church in New South Wales, with seating for almost 600 people. The church is characterised by its stained glass windows and its massive pipe organ. A second church, built of sandstone…
Year Built: 1924
Address: 17 Commercial Street, , Walla Wall New South Wales, 2659
The present Zion Church is the third church building on the site. The first (now demolished) was opened in 1870, the second (serving as the hall) in 1889 and the present church in 1924, a spacious cruciform building with tower and spire.