Denomination: Greek Orthodox
Address: 286 Franklin Street, , Adelaide South Australia, 5000
The Church is circular in plan, with an inner circle forming the gallery and an arc forming the Sanctuary. It is a reinforced concrete structure with brick walls which allows a band of windows at the base of the Dome. The roof is covered with sheet copper. The freestanding Bell Tower was constructed under a later contract.
Year Built: 1928
Address: 531 Centre Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204
The Foundation stone was laid on 23 June 1928.
Year Built: 1921
Address: 3 Epping Street, , East Malvern Victoria, 3145
The Church was formerly the Peace Memorial Methodist Church. The Foundation stone was laid on 12 November 1921 by Reverend A.P. Bladen President of the Conference. Constructed of red brick with cement tracery, and built in 1921-2. Comprises a broad nave, aisle, chancel, vestries and imposing facade incorporating a deeply overhanging arch…
Year Built: 1960
Address: 5 Eighth Avenue, , Home Hill Queensland, 4806
A Foundation stone reads, " St Stephen's Greek Orthodox Church Home Hill - consecrated 27-12-61 by His Grace Archbishop Ezekiel". Another Foundation stone reads, " This stone was set on 21-2-60 by the Rev. Father El. Zographakis Priest of the Greek Orth. Church T-Villf and Cent Qld".
Year Built: 1924
Address: 650 New Canterbury Road, , Hurlstone Park New South Wales, 2193
The church building was purchased from the Anglican Church in 1984 and refurbished for Orthodox worship with the financial assistance of the parishioners. The official opening was blessed by His Eminence Archbishop Stylianos on Sunday 9th May 1999. The foundation stone of the original church was laid by Deborah Louise Vickery on 31 May…
Year Built: 1973
Address: 78 Gardeners Road, , Kingsford New South Wales, 2032
Daceyville was Crown land in the 1880's and was named Raggetty Flat. In January of 1913, the Government Housing Board asked Archbishop Kelly if the Catholic Church was interested in participating in a ballot for sites to erect religious buildings in the then named Dacey Garden Suburb. The Archbishop accepted the invitation and the…
Year Built: 1965
Address: 203 Livingstone Street, , Marrickville New South Wales, 2204
Between 1961 and 1966, the original house on the land acquired was converted into a Church. The foundation Stone was laid on June 6th, 1965 by His Eminence Archbishop Ezekiel of Australia and New Zealand, with the Official Opening taking place on the 3rd October 1966 by His Grace Bishop Dionysios of Nazianzos. The church has a white…
Year Built: 1841
Address: 50 Warwick Street, , North Hobart Tasmania, 7000
The foundation stone was laid in 1841. The bell tower is of international heritage significance, and it contains Australia's oldest bells, weighing over 2.5 tonnes. The bells were first rung on Regatta Day, 1847. Archdeacon Hutchins was the main proponent behind the construction of Holy Trinity Church. The church was designed by…
Address: 7 Church Street, , Port Adelaide South Australia, 5015
Year Built: 1888
Address: Yann Street, , Preston Victoria, 3072
This church was formerly a Methodist church. The Foundation stone of the current church was laid on 12 November 1888 by the Honourable C.H. James M.L.C. The Architect was A Dunn. The South Preston Methodists built their first church in High Street Preston which served them until 1879 when a new one was built. In 1889 this was replaced by…
Year Built: 1857
Address: 221 Dorcas Street, , South Melbourne Victoria, 3205
Address: 35 Barry Street, , South Yarra Victoria, 3141
A Foundation stone reads, " Designed by Theo Tsochatzis Engineer - Builder R.J. Anderson".
Address: 241 Church Road, , Taigum Queensland, 4018
A Foundation stone reads, " Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia Parish of Saint Paraskevi This foundation stone of this Church was laid by His Eminence Archbishop StylIanos of Australia on the 29th November 1987 - Officially opened on the 10th December 1995 by His Eminence Archbishop Styllanos of Australia to the Glory of God."
Year Built: 1990
Address: Corner Porter Street & Church Road, , Templestowe Victoria, 3106
The Church was designed by Peter A. Damos Pty Ltd, a firm of South Melbourne architects, and built in 1990, by Damos with help from the church community. The church has a Romanesque basilican plan with a three-bay, barrel-vaulted porch and squat round-headed campaniles to the west front. The section is also basilican: a nave and two…
Year Built: 1940
Address: 654 Sturt Street, , Townsville Queensland, 4810
From the Townsville Daily Bulletin 17 March 1947 an article reads, "During an Impressive ceremony, Archbishop Timotheos Evange-!Midis, Archbishop of the Greek Orthodox Church in Australia and Oceania, laid the foundation stone for the third Greek Orthodox Church in Queensland. at Sturt Street West on Sunday morning. It is hoped that the…