Address: 121 Loftus Street, , Bemboka New South Wales, 2550
On Sunday last, April 27th, (1884) the second Sunday after Easter, the Catholic residents at and around the township of Colombo had the proud satisfaction of meeting in their new church, and of witnessing the ceremony by which the church was solemnly opened for Divine service. The very Rev. Dean Healy officiated with the Rev. Father…
Year Built: 1910
Address: Fagan Drive, , Bookham New South Wales, 2582
A Foundation stone reads, " St Columba's Church Foundation stone blessed and laid 14th Aug 1910 by Right Rev J. Gallagher D.D. Bishop of Goulburn Rev John Sharkey Rector". Today the Church is in private hands.
Year Built: 1972
Address: Church Street, , Charters Towers Queensland, 4820
A plaque reads, " This stone was blessed by The Most Rev L. Faulkiner Bishop of Townsville on 3rd September 1972 in the Centenary year of St Columba's Parish 1872 - 1972".
Year Built: 1957
Address: 13 Edward Street, , Devonport Tasmania, 7310
The first Presbyterian church in Devonport briefly used the Congregational Church and then the Devonport Town Hall. Throughout the building of the Church many members of the Board of Management and Session, plus other committees were led by Rev "Bert" Scrimgeour who, with practical knowledge, endeared himself to all who knew him. The…
Year Built: 1926
Address: 9/21 Tenterden Street, , Guyra New South Wales, 2635
The Architects of the current Church were Powers, Adams and Munnings. The Builder was F. Mott. A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by Mrs Marjory Jackson 31st March 1926 - Rev E Norman McKie B.A. Minister". A Foundation stone on the church halls reads, " To the Glory of God in Memory of Rev E. Norman…
Year Built: 1962
Address: 2 Joy Parade, , Noble Park Victoria, 3174
A Foundation stone on the current Church reads, " To the Glory of God this Foundation stone was laid by Rev H.L. Hallett 16th June 1962". A Foundation stone on the original Church reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by R.R. Duncan Esq 26th May 1956. The Rev P.M. Roberts Interim Moderator RM & HM King Associate Architects".
Year Built: 1958
Address: MacAlister Street, , Sale Victoria, 3850
The first Presbyterian service was held on 29 January 1854 at the Woolpack Inn, Sale.1 A permanent church building was erected in 1859 and this was demolished in 1972. A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God in Thankful Remembrance of the Presbyterian Pioneers of Gippsland this stone was set by Charles Cyril Login a Grandson of…
Year Built: 1968
Address: 50 Campbell Street, , Streatham Victoria, 3351
An historical plaque reads in part, "The Church was opened n 1912 by Bishop Joseph Higgins D.D. Rev Michael Barrett P.P. The wooden church was used continually until the current Church was erected in 1968 by Bishop James Collins & Fr L Gallagher P.P. The Church was dedicated as a memorial to all those who gave their lives in the service…