Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.
State: Western Australia, Denomination: Anglican
Applecross, WA - St David's Anglican
Year Built: 1957
Address: 54 Simpson Street, , Applecross Western Australia, 6153
The Foundation Stone was laid on 12 May 1957 by his Grace the Archbishop of Perth The Most Reverend R.W.H. Moline MC DD.
Arthur River, WA - St Paul's Anglican
Year Built: 1884
Address: 16882 Albany Highway, , Arthur River Western Australia, 6315
The Taylor family donated the land for the church and £50 towards its construction. Construction commenced in 1882 and was completed n 1884. Construction was by FE Smith and AG Horley. Made of stone with wooden floorboards and a shingle roof. The floorboards came from the sawpits near Dardaline.
Borden, WA - St David's Anglican
Year Built: 1959
Address: Chester Pass Road, , Borden Western Australia, 6338
The Foundation stone was laid in the presence of the Bishop of the Diocese by Mrs Mavis Milne on 15 May 1959. Rector OA Wall??
Bremer Bay, WA - Holy Cross Catholic & Anglican
Address: 11 Mary Street, , Bremer Bay Western Australia, 6338
In 1849 the Western Australian Surveyor General, John Septimus Roe, named the tiny port after Sir James John Gordon Bremer, the captain of the HMS Tamar. Roe had served under Bremer from 1824-1827.
Broome, WA - Anglican
Address: Corner Hass & Hamersley Street, , Broome Western Australia, 6725
Broomehill, WA - St Elizabeth of Hungary Anglican
Address: 16 - 2 Janitor Street, , Broomehill Western Australia, 6318
The Foundation stone was laid 18 April 1953. The Church was the former Police Station and Courthouse, a single-storey brick and iron building. It is one of the oldest buildings in Broomehill and contributes to the community’s sense of place. The altar is constructed of bricks from the old 1884 Eticup Church. The Church took it name…
Como, WA - St Augustine's Anglican
Year Built: 1935
Address: Park Street, , Como Western Australia, 6152
The Foundation stone was laid on 3 March 1935.
Floreat Park, WA - St Nicholas Anglican
Address: 47 Berkley Crescent, , Floreat Park Western Australia,
Freemantle, WA - St John the Evangelist Anglican
Year Built: 1879
Address: Adelaide Street, , Freemantle Western Australia, 2795
The church was built in 1879-82 to the design of London architect William Smith.
Gnowengerup, WA - St Margaret's Anglican
Address: 7 Youngenup Road , , Gnowengerup Western Australia, 6335
Katanning, WA - Anglican
Address: 21 Aberdeen Street, , Katanning Western Australia, 6317
The Hon. F H Piesse laid the foundation stone for the church hall on 27th March 1911, on a site adjacent to the existing St Andrew's Church. The architect was E Summerhayes. The hall was used weekly for parish meetings, dances, fundraisers and various other activities. The hall is primarily significant in terms of its relationship to…
Kensington, WA - St Martin in the Field's Anglican
Address: 54 Dyson Street, , Kensington Western Australia, 6151
One of the prime movers behind the establishment of an Anglican Church in Kensington was Margaret Durbridge. After her death in 1925 her estate was bequeathed to provide finances for church activities in the Kensington area. Her estate (in Arlington Avenue, South Perth) was subdivided into eight residential lots. This helped to pay for…
Palmyra, WA - St Peter's Anglican
Address: 2 Hammad Street, , Palmyra Western Australia, 6157
Perth, WA - St George's Cathedral Anglican
Address: 38 St George's Terrace, , Perth Western Australia, 6000
In 1841, on January first, Governor John Hutt laid the Foundation Stone of the first Church of St George. About 600 people were present when the church was opened on 22 January 1845. This building stood adjacent to the City of Perth library. The old church faced north and south and stretched from approximately the west end of the present…
Ravensthorpe, WA - St Andrews Anglican
Address: 32 Dunn Street, , Ravensthorpe Western Australia, 6346
Spearwood, WA - St Michael's Anglican
Address: 15 Mell Road, , Spearwood Western Australia, 6163
A Foundation stone reads, "To the Glory of God the Church of St Michael and all Angels was consecrated by David Murray Asst Bishop on the 29th January 1996".
Subiaco, WA - St Andrew's Anglican
Address: 259 Barker Road, , Subiaco Western Australia, 6008
Subiaco, WA - St Matthew's Anglican
Year Built: 1932
Address: Corner Derby Road & Onslow Street, , Subiaco Western Australia, 6008
Formerly a Methodist Church the foundation stone was laid on 7 May 1932 by Rev Milton Malek President of the Methodist Conference. The Architects were Powell, Cameron and Chisholm.
Victoria Park, WA - St Peter's Anglican
Address: 15 Leonard Street, , Victoria Park Western Australia, 6100
The Foundation stone was laid on 3 March 1935.
Williams, WA - Holy Trinity Anglican
Year Built: 1925
Address: 14 Adam Street, , Williams Western Australia, 6391
The Church houses the House of Grace from the original church. Parishioners carted the better bricks from the original site and these were included in the new church. After the order of St Boniface was closed in 1929 the parish was taken over by Rev Frank Mann.