Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Filter By Biblical Name

Year built: between 1961 and 1970


Aberfeldie, VIC - Our Lady of the Nativity Catholic

Aberfeldie, VIC - Our Lady of the Nativity Catholic

Year Built: 1967

Address: 33 Fawkner Street, , Aberfeldie Victoria, 3040

A Foundation stone reads, " This stone symbol of Christ chief corner stone of the church was blessed and laid by his Grace The Most Revd James R. Knox D.D. J.C.D. on 29th October 1967 Revd J.B. Wall P.P. - S.J. Moran Architect M.P. Arbon & Co Builder ".

Read More

Airport West, VIC - St Christopher's Catholic

Airport West, VIC - St Christopher's Catholic

Year Built: 1969

Address: 34 Roberts Road, , Airport West Victoria, 3042

A Foundation stone reads, " This church erected to the Glory of God under the protection of St Christopher was solemeny blessed and the main altar consecrated by Most Rev John N. Cullinane D.D. V.G. P.P. on October 5th 1969. The Temple of God is sacred and you are that temple 1. Cor 3/17" - Rev F.R. J Phelan Parish Priest - Max Chester…

Read More

Alexandra, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Alexandra, VIC - St Andrews Uniting

Year Built: 1966

Address: 37 Downey Street, , Alexandra Victoria, 3714

The commemoration stone was laid by the Reverends K.O. Williams and Reverend W.C. Paul on 20 November 1966.

Read More

Alexandra, VIC - St Mary's Catholic

Alexandra, VIC - St Mary's Catholic

Year Built: 1970

Address: 36 Nihil Street, , Alexandra Victoria, 3714

The Foundation stone was laid by his Grace the Most Reverend J.R. Knox D.D. J.C.D. 1 November 1970.

Read More

Ashgrove, QLD - The Grove Uniting

Ashgrove, QLD - The Grove Uniting

Year Built: 1961

Address: 22 Ashgrove Avenue, , Ashgrove Queensland, 4060

Formerly a Methodist church the foundation stone was laid on 8 October 1961 by the Reverend J. Tainton. The church is now closed.

Read More

Balwyn, VIC - Trinity Uniting

Balwyn, VIC - Trinity Uniting

Year Built: 1961

Address: 172 Doncaster Road, , Balwyn Victoria, 3103

The Foundation stone was laid by the Reverend H.G. Mackay B.A. on 16 December 1961.

Read More

Beaudesert, QLD - St Thomas' Anglican

Beaudesert, QLD - St Thomas' Anglican

Year Built: 1965

Address: 7 Albert Street, , Beaudesert Queensland, 4285

The Foundation stone to commemorate the consecration of the church took place on 4 July 1965. It was conducted by the Most Reverend P.N. W. Strong Archbishop of Brisbane.

Read More

Bentleigh, VIC - Uniting

Bentleigh, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1968

Address: 497 Centre Road, , Bentleigh Victoria, 3204

The Foundation stone was laid on 15 March 1968 by H.V. Barnett. The Architect was John Scarborough.

Read More

Blackmans Bay, TAS - St Peter's Anglican

Blackmans Bay, TAS - St Peter's Anglican

Year Built: 1968

Address: Corner Roslyn & Pearsall Avenue, , Blackmans Bay Tasmania, 7052

The Foundation stone was laid on 4 August 1968 by the Archdeacon of Hobart I.J.B. McDonald.

Read More

Blyth, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Blyth, SA - Trinity Lutheran

Year Built: 1970

Address: South Terrace, , Blyth South Australia, 5462

The Foundation stone was laid in 1970.

Read More

Boonah, QLD - All Saints Catholic

Boonah, QLD - All Saints Catholic

Year Built: 1961

Address: John Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

The first Catholic church was opened on 1 November 1887. This is the third church and was opened on 29 October 1961.

Read More

Boonah, QLD - Baptist

Boonah, QLD - Baptist

Year Built: 1965

Address: 36 Church Street, , Boonah Queensland, 4310

The Foundation stone was laid on 30 January 1965 by Mr P.J. Hancox President of the Queensland Baptist Union.

Read More

Bordertown, SA - Church of Christ

Bordertown, SA - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1965

Address: West Terrace, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The church was erected in 1965.

Read More

Bordertown, SA - St Mary's Catholic

Bordertown, SA - St Mary's Catholic

Year Built: 1969

Address: Victoria Parade, , Bordertown South Australia, 5268

The Foundation stone was laid on 16 February 1969 by the Archbishop of Adelaide the most Reverend J.W. Gleeson D.D.

Read More

Box Hill South, VIC - St Aidan's Anglican

Box Hill South, VIC - St Aidan's Anglican

Year Built: 1970

Address: 10 Surrey Street, , Box Hill South Victoria, 3128

The Foundation stone was laid by the Right Reverend R.W. Dann on 24 May 1970. The Architect was John Roseenthal and the Vicar was C.N. Thomas.

Read More

Braddon, ACT - St Columba's Uniting

Braddon, ACT - St Columba's Uniting

Year Built: 1961

Address: Corner Fawkner & Farrer Streets, , Braddon Australian Capital Territory, 2612

The Foundation stone was laid on 22 April 1961 by Reverend Harold G. Durbin.

Read More

Bridgewater, SA - Grace Lutheran

Bridgewater, SA - Grace Lutheran

Year Built: 1961

Address: 15 Wembley Avenue, , Bridgewater South Australia, 5155

The Foundation stone was laid in 1961. Extensions to the church were made in 2002.

Read More

Bridgewater, SA - St Matthew's Catholic

Bridgewater, SA - St Matthew's Catholic

Year Built: 1966

Address: 1 Wembley Avenue, , Bridgewater South Australia, 5155

The Foundation stone was laid on 27 March 1966 by the most Reverend J.W. Gleeson C.M.G. Co Adjutor Archbishop of Adelaide.

Read More

Brighton, SA - St Joseph's Catholic

Brighton, SA - St Joseph's Catholic

Year Built: 1964

Address: Strathmore Terrace, , Brighton South Australia, 5048

The Foundation stone was laid on 22 November 1964 by the Right Reverend W.J. Russell V.G.

Read More

Broome, WA - Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic

Broome, WA - Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic

Year Built: 1963

Address: 34 Weld Street, , Broome Western Australia, 6725

The Church was blessed and dedicated on 8 September 1963 by the Most Reverend John Jobst Vicar of the Kimberley.

Read More

Bulleen, VIC - St Clement of Rome Catholic

Bulleen, VIC - St Clement of Rome Catholic

Year Built: 1962

Address: Egan Drive, , Bulleen Victoria, 3105

Construction of the present church commenced in 1962.

Read More

Burwood East, VIC - Anglican Church of Ascension

Burwood East, VIC - Anglican Church of Ascension

Year Built: 1969

Address: Corner Blackburn Road & Witchwood Street, , Burwood East Victoria, 3151

The Church was dedicated on Ascension day in 1969 by the Archbishop of Melbourne, the Most Reverend Frank Woods.

Read More

Canterbury, VIC - Baptist

Canterbury, VIC - Baptist

Year Built: 1962

Address: 1A Balwyn Road, , Canterbury Victoria, 3126

By the early 1930s the Sunday School to the rear of the Church was deemed inadequate due to community growth and a new brick structure was proposed. The foundation stone for the present Sunday School was laid in June 1933. A Foundation stone reads, " To the Glory of God this stone was laid by S.J. Mortley Esq Life Deacon 24th February…

Read More

Charlton, VIC - St Martin's Anglican

Charlton, VIC - St Martin's Anglican

Year Built: 1963

Address: 3 Armstrong Street, , Charlton Victoria, 3525

The first Church was built in 1889. A Foundation stone reads, "In Memory of the fallen in Two World Wars the Foundation stone of this Church of St Martin built for the worship of God was set by Allen Second Bishop of St Arnaud on 28 April 1963. G.B. Lucas Rector."

Read More

Cheltenham, VIC - St Matthew's Anglican

Cheltenham, VIC - St Matthew's Anglican

Year Built: 1966

Address: 161 Park Road, , Cheltenham Victoria, 3192

A Foundation stone on the old church reads, " This stone was laid by The Bishop of Melbourne June 19th 1905 Church first opened April 14th 1867". A Foundation stone on the hall at the rear of the old church reads, " This Foundation stone was laid by his Grace the Archbishop the Most Reverend J.J. Booth C.M.C. M.C. D. D. on 28th April…

Read More

Clarence Gardens, SA - St Francis of Assisi Anglican

Clarence Gardens, SA - St Francis of Assisi Anglican

Year Built: 1964

Address: Dinwoodie Avenue, , Clarence Gardens South Australia, 5039

The Foundation stone was laid on 23 February 1964 by the Right Reverend T.T. Reed.

Read More

Cobden, VIC - Uniting

Cobden, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1963

Address: Curdie Street, , Cobden Victoria, 3266

The Foundation stone was laid on 8 September 1963 by Walter Leslie Baker.

Read More

Coleambally, NSW - St Mark the Evangelist Anglican

Coleambally, NSW - St Mark the Evangelist Anglican

Year Built: 1969

Address: Kookaburra Street, , Coleambally New South Wales, 2707

The church was opened on 25 April 1969 by the Bishop of Riverina.

Read More

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - Church of Christ

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - Church of Christ

Year Built: 1964

Address: 539 Goodwood Road, , Colonel Light Gardens South Australia, 5041

The Foundation stone was laid on 14 November 1964.

Read More

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - St Therese's Catholic

Colonel Light Gardens, SA - St Therese's Catholic

Year Built: 1962

Address: 3 Oxford Circus, , Colonel Light Gardens South Australia, 5041

The Foundation stone was laid on 26 August 1962 by the Most Reverend M Beovich D.D. PhD Archbishop of Adelaide.

Read More

Corawa, NSW - Calvery Memorial Uniting

Corawa, NSW - Calvery Memorial Uniting

Year Built: 1966

Address: 1 Church Street, , Corawa New South Wales, 2646

In 1878, Rev. Presley was appointed to the Circuit and continued services at Howlang, Rutherglen, Corowa, Barnawartha and Chiltern. Services at Corowa shifted to the Oddfellows Hall at the top end of Sanger Street and were supported by local preachers Messers Trewran, Fraser, Taylor, Thompson, Dr. Whitaker. In April 1879, Rev.J.Leslie was…

Read More

Crystal Brook, SA - St John's Lutheran

Crystal Brook, SA - St John's Lutheran

Year Built: 1963

Address: Stanley Street, , Crystal Brook South Australia, 5523

The first know existence of Lutheran's in this area forming a church was recorded in February 1881 when several families met for a service in the home of A.F. Noll. For the next 17 years all services were held there. By 1897 the room in the Noll home could not hold all the congregation so it was decided a church was needed. The foundation…

Read More

Culcairn, NSW - St Stephen's Lutheran

Culcairn, NSW - St Stephen's Lutheran

Year Built: 1966

Address: 13 MacBean Street, , Culcairn New South Wales, 2660

The Foundation stone was laid on 20 November 1966.

Read More

Curtin, ACT - Holy Trinity Catholic

Curtin, ACT - Holy Trinity Catholic

Year Built: 1963

Address: 3 Strangways Street, , Curtin Australian Capital Territory, 2605

The Foundation stone was laid on 16 December 1962 by Archbishop Thomas V. Cahill.

Read More

Doncaster, VIC - Pilgrim Uniting

Doncaster, VIC - Pilgrim Uniting

Year Built: 1970

Address: 29 Westfield Drive, , Doncaster Victoria, 3108

The Foundation stone was laid on 4 October 1970 by H.G. Mackay B.A.

Read More

Dromana, VIC - Uniting

Dromana, VIC - Uniting

Year Built: 1965

Address: 305 Point Nepean Highway, , Dromana Victoria, 3936

The Foundation stone was laid on 29 May 1965.

Read More

Elizabeth, SA - St Peter's Lutheran

Elizabeth, SA - St Peter's Lutheran

Year Built: 1965

Address: 521 Main North Road, , Elizabeth South Australia, 5112

The Foundation stone was laid on 5 December 1965. The Hall foundation stone was laid on 8 June 1975.

Read More

Footscray, VIC All Saints Anglican

Footscray, VIC All Saints Anglican

Year Built: 1964

Address: May Street, , Footscray Victoria, 3011

A Foundation stone reads, " To the Greater Glory of God this stone was set by The Venerable R.W. Dann B.A. THL 21st June 1964 - Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief corner stone Alan Gordon Laity Parish Priest Architects Wystan Widdows & David Caldwell - Builders Johns & Reid".

Read More

Foster, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Foster, VIC - Christ Church Anglican

Year Built: 1962

Address: 34 Station Road, , Foster Victoria, 3960

The first church in Foster was licenced on 24 October 1890. The church and vicarage were destroyed by the disastrous bushfires of 1898. The Parish Hall was built in 1928. The current brick church was built in 1962.

Read More

Gawler, SA - Immanuel Lutheran

Gawler, SA - Immanuel Lutheran

Year Built: 1963

Address: Corner Second & Seventh Streets, , Gawler South Australia, 5118

The first church was erected in 1863. The Foundation stone for the current church was laid on 18 September 1962 and the building was dedicated on 12 May 1963.

Read More