Year Built: 1956
Address: 5 Crystal Avenue, , St Marys South Australia, 5042
The Baptist Union granted a fellowship to the St Marys Baptist Congregation in 1953 with their first church being an iron and timber building relocated from Underdale to a site in St Marys. The current church was constructed adjacent to the original structure in 1965. The church operated a community kindergarten from 1953 to 1981. The…
Year Built: 1901
Address: Clarendon Street, , Stanmore New South Wales, 2048
In 1901, Stanmore Baptist Church (SBC) was established by a handful of Christians who wanted to reach the growing city of Sydney with the good news of Jesus. The church called C.J. Tinsley from Spurgeon’s College, London to be it’s first pastor.
Year Built: 1953
Address: 124 Channel Highway, , Taroona Tasmania, 7053
The story of the Taroona Baptist Church has its origins in the Sandy Bay Baptist Church, which was founded in 1928 on a site purchased from the Church of England seven years earlier. In 1929 Les and Florie Escott were the earliest recorded baptisms at. Sandy Bay. Four years later they moved to Taroona and in 1936 1-45 Escott began the…
Year Built: 1959
Address: 60 Alexander Road, , Ulverstone Tasmania, 7315
The Ulverstone mission was placed under the care of the Burnie Baptist Church. Church services began in Ulverstone at the Town Hall on 15 February 1903. The Rev. George J. Mackay of the Devonport Baptist Church, assisted by Amos Sidwell of Hobart, conducted the first service. A Foundation stone reads, " To the glory of God this stone…
Year Built: 1903
Address: Northgate Street, , Unley South Australia, 5061
In July 1903, C.H. Goode, (later Sir Charles), laid the foundation stone for the first Baptist church in the area and three months later J.T. Miller formally opened it. By March 1914, the congregation had outgrown the facility and it was proposed to construct a new church, the architects being Messrs William and Good. Without…
Year Built: 1869
Address: 207 Koriot Street, , Warrnambool Victoria, 3280
The first Baptist church was erected in 1869 after the land was procurred in 1865. This church was extended in 1874 and remodelled in 1961. The Foundation stone at that time was laid by Reverend F Marsh President General of the Baptist Union on 26 March 1969.
Address: 77 Swift Street, , Wellington New South Wales, 2820
There are several foundation stones, the first reads, This stone was laid by Mrs W White. Another reads "This stone was laid by Mrs W.H. Hubbard", a third reads, " This stone was laid by Mrs W. Williams". A Fourth reads, " This Foundation stone was laid by Mrs L. Bullock 6th September 1905 Pastor Rev F.J. Dunkley Sect W.A. Hubbard".
Address: 30 Robinson Road, , Woodanilling Western Australia, 6316
The foundation stone was laid on the southern wall by HO Beeck on 12/2/1908 with other signatories being William Kennedy (pastor) and B Hobart (Secretary). The stone church has a corrugated galvanised iron steep pitched roof. The entrance porch which faces Robinson Road is made of stone and brick with turrets at the top. Three long…