Churches

Use the filters below to search for churches and clergy in our Australian Christian Church Histories database.

Filter by Year Built

Filter By State

Filter by Denomination

Denomination: Lutheran


Maclagan, QLD - St Matthew's Lutheran

Maclagan, QLD - St Matthew's Lutheran

Address: Margaret Street, , Maclagan Queensland, 4352

The Church was established in 1935. A foundation stone dated 1965 is attached to the church.

Read More

Magill, SA - Pilgrim Lutheran

Magill, SA - Pilgrim Lutheran

Year Built: 1954

Address: 32 Edward Street, , Magill South Australia, 5072

The Foundation stone was laid on 13 December 1953 by Pastor O.H. Adler.

Read More

Maitland, SA - St Paul's Lutheran

Maitland, SA - St Paul's Lutheran

Address: 31 Clinton Road, , Maitland South Australia, 5573

Read More

Mannum, SA - Lutheran

Mannum, SA - Lutheran

Year Built: 1935

Address: Cliff Street, , Mannum South Australia, 5238

There is a foundation stone laid on 25 August 1935. The hall was erected in 1960.

Read More

Marananga, SA - St Michael's Gnadenfrei Lutheran

Marananga, SA - St Michael's Gnadenfrei Lutheran

Address: Seppelesfield Road, , Marananga South Australia, 5355

The area was originally called Salt Creek. It was also known as Gnadenfrei before 1918 when names of "enemy origin" were changed to sound less German. The Gnadenfrei Lutheran Church was established, then a German school was established in 1879. Originally aligned with the Langmeil congregation, the German settlers formed their own…

Read More

Marburg, QLD - Trinity Evangelical Lutheran

Marburg, QLD - Trinity Evangelical Lutheran

Address: 19 Edmond Street, , Marburg Queensland, 4346

Read More

McLaren Vale, SA - St Paul's Lutheran

McLaren Vale, SA - St Paul's Lutheran

Year Built: 1934

Address: 6 Aldersey Street, , McLaren Vale South Australia, 5171

The present Lutheran congregation had its beginnings a few kilometres away at Willunga, in a railway cottage the home of the Constable family. Services were quarterly with the first happening on 10 June 1934. The adhoc nature of services continued up to and including the duration of WW2 as did the support of visiting Pastors. A block…

Read More

Melton, VIC - St Mark's Lutheran

Melton, VIC - St Mark's Lutheran

Address: 98-100 Coburns Road, , Melton Victoria, 3337

Read More

Meningie, SA - St Luke's Lutheran

Meningie, SA - St Luke's Lutheran

Year Built: 1958

Address: West Terrace, , Meningie South Australia, 5264

Lutheran services in the area go back to 1931 when Pastor T.G. Obst held services in a private home in Narrung. Services were also held in Wood Well. By the 1950's services were held in the Anglican church by Pastor Leo Doecke. On 5 May 1957 it was decided at a meeting to form a separate ELCA congregation from that of the Tailem Bend…

Read More

Merghiny, SA - Lutheran

Merghiny, SA - Lutheran

Address: Eyre Highway, , Merghiny South Australia, 5690

Read More

Meribah, SA - Lutheran

Meribah, SA - Lutheran

Address: 21 Railway Terrace, , Meribah South Australia, 5311

Read More

Meringandan, QLD _ Lutheran
Minden, QLD - Lutheran

Minden, QLD - Lutheran

Address: 712 Tallegalla Road, , Minden Queensland, 4311

The area was originally known as the Rosewood Scrub, and Minden was named after the German town of the same name. This is a Zion Lutheran Church. The land on which the church stands was transferred to the congregation in 1880, and they built the first church in that year.

Read More

Minlaton, SA - St Andrew's Lutheran

Minlaton, SA - St Andrew's Lutheran

Year Built: 1958

Address: Maitland Road, , Minlaton South Australia, 5575

The first records of Lutheran services were recorded on the York Peninsula in the 1870's. In 1882 a Mr Johann Golthilf Bothe moved in to the area and built a Lutheran church on his property which was several miles north of the cemetery. Prior to this, services were held in several private homes including Schwarz's Farm. By March 19 1882…

Read More

Minyip, VIC - St John's Lutheran

Minyip, VIC - St John's Lutheran

Year Built: 1889

Address: Corner Carroll & Church Street, , Minyip Victoria, 3392

The first church services were held in 1874 in Mr A. Prices home. A wooden church was erected the following year on land donated by Mr C Petering at Kirchham. The Church was originally located at Kirchheim and erected in 1889. In 1935 the church was moved to Minyip. Made of rectangular plan timber and weatherboard with pointed lancet…

Read More

Mitcham, VIC - St Paul's Lutheran

Mitcham, VIC - St Paul's Lutheran

Year Built: 1960

Address: 67 Rooks Road, , Mitcham Victoria, 3131

A Foundation stone reads, "The Glory of God 13 November 1960". The Chinese Evangelical Formosan Church share this building.

Read More

Moculta, SA - Zion Lutheran (Gnadenberg)

Moculta, SA - Zion Lutheran (Gnadenberg)

Address: Gnadenberg Road, , Moculta South Australia, 5353

The Germans who settled here came from Bethany. Th track to the home church was about 12 miles across fields and hills. Therefore they decided to build their own church and drew lots for the site to resolve local jealousies. There were no Pastors in the period 1996 to 1997

Read More

Mondure, QLD - St John's Lutheran

Mondure, QLD - St John's Lutheran

The Church congregation was moved to Wondia at some point.

Read More

Monto, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Monto, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

The first Lutheran service was held on November 16, 1930 at 11am in an upstairs room above Patrick’s Café by Pastor F Herb Schmidt from Nambour. Pastor Schmidt and Pastor M Lohe from Mackay shared monthly services in the town until Pastor Venz made the trips from Nambour from 1934. It was during his pastorate the church was built and…

Read More

Moorabbin, VIC - St James Lutheran

Moorabbin, VIC - St James Lutheran

Address: 416 South Road, , Moorabbin Victoria, 3189

Read More

Moorabbin, VIC - St James Lutheran

Moorabbin, VIC - St James Lutheran

Year Built: 1955

Address: 416 South Road, , Moorabbin Victoria,

The Church was dedicated on the 24th of September 1956 by Rev E Wiebusch vice President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church. The Church has been turned into a block of flats and retained the original church facia. A Foundation stone reads, " Eph, 2:19:22 To the Glory of God St James Lutheran Church 18-12-1955".

Read More

Moorook, SA - St Peter's Lutheran

Moorook, SA - St Peter's Lutheran

Address: Gogel Road, , Moorook South Australia, 5332

Read More

Moree, NSW - Grace Lutheran

Moree, NSW - Grace Lutheran

Address: 68 Jones Avenue , , Moree New South Wales, 24900

Read More

Morgan, SA - St Mark's Lutheran

Morgan, SA - St Mark's Lutheran

Year Built: 1956

Address: Corner High & Seventh Streets, , Morgan South Australia, 5320

The current church was formerly St. Andrew's, (VFLCA). The Lutheran Church has been active in the Morgan area since 1880 when a congregation was established at Lindley (ELSA) and Schomburgk (ELSA) in 1887. These congregations closed in the early part of the 1900's and the members formed the basis of new congregations in Morgan. The…

Read More

Morley, WA - Bethlehem Lutheran

Morley, WA - Bethlehem Lutheran

Address: 29 Robinson Road, , Morley Western Australia, 6062

Read More

Mortlake, VIC - St Stephen's Lutheran (Former)

Mortlake, VIC - St Stephen's Lutheran (Former)

Address: Corner Shaw & Church Streets, , Mortlake Victoria, 3272

The church was constructed by builder Bothrell and Ballarat architect JA Doane, for the incredible price of £953. Now a private residence.

Read More

Morwell, VIC - St Peter's Lutheran
Mount Alford, QLD - St John's Lutheran

Mount Alford, QLD - St John's Lutheran

Address: 918 Reckumpilla Street, , Mount Alford Queensland, 4310

Established in 1909. The first Lutheran services in Mount Alford were held in the School of Arts by Pastor Christian Wilhelm Seybold. On 23 October 1908, a meeting was held that decided to build a church. Mr Wissemann offered an acre of land. By December 1908, local Lutherans had raised £120 towards a church building. The church was…

Read More

Mount Barker, SA - Lutheran

Mount Barker, SA - Lutheran

Address: 27 Hampden Street, , Mount Barker South Australia, 5251

Read More

Mount Beauty , VIC - Lutheran
Mount Beppo, QLD - Lutheran

Mount Beppo, QLD - Lutheran

Year Built: 1888

Address: Mount Beppo Road, , Mount Beppo Queensland, 4313

The Church is the largest in the community situated about sixety miles from Hatton Vale. It is the second oldest community founded by Apostle H F Niemeyer. The Church was opened on 12 August 1888. It was extended and re-dedicated in 1930.

Read More

Mount Compass, SA - St John's Lutheran

Mount Compass, SA - St John's Lutheran

Year Built: 1958

Address: School Road, , Mount Compass South Australia, 5210

The Foundation stone was laid on 14 September 1958.

Read More

Mount Cotton, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Mount Cotton, QLD - St Paul's Lutheran

Address: 1257 Mount Cotton Road, , Mount Cotton Queensland, 4165

Read More

Mount Gambier, SA - St Martin's Lutheran

Mount Gambier, SA - St Martin's Lutheran

Address: 11 Edward Street, , Mount Gambier South Australia, 5290

The Lutheran Church first had a presence in Mount Gambier in the 1800s when a pastor rode by horseback from Hamilton, Victoria to baptise people. Later in that century the church developed two parishes in Mount Gambier. One parish established a church, school and manse in the town's eastern area in 1859. In 1862, a prominent doctor,…

Read More

Mount Gravatt, QLD - St Mark's Lutheran

Mount Gravatt, QLD - St Mark's Lutheran

Address: 71 Newnham Road, , Mount Gravatt Queensland, 4122

Read More

Mount Larcom , QLD - Lutheran
Mount Sylvia, QLD - Cross Lutheran

Mount Sylvia, QLD - Cross Lutheran

Address: 143 Lefthand Branch Road, , Mount Sylvia Queensland, 4343

Read More

Mount Torrens, SA - Lutheran

Mount Torrens, SA - Lutheran

Address: 280 Springhead Road, , Mount Torrens South Australia, 5244

Read More

Moura, QLD - Our Saviour Lutheran
Mowara, WA - St Paul's Lutheran

Mowara, WA - St Paul's Lutheran

Address: 14 Caulfield Street, , Mowara Western Australia, 6623

The main body of the church is under a gabled roof, with angled side windows. There is a front porch and tower and what appears to be service areas at the rear, behind the altar. A horizontal bunding provides sun protection and carries around the rear of the building as decoration. There a cast concrete louvre vents at two levels above…

Read More